Stability, Service, and Innovation
The management team of P.O.S Card Systems has been in the credit card processing business since 1986. Our corporate headquarters is based in Louisville Kentucky. Associate partners located all throughout the country enable us to provide the dependable customer service that our clients have come to expect. 25 years in the business has given us the knowledge and experience to provide our clients with the best service at the most competitive rates.
P.O.S Card Systems has the resources to provide electronic merchant services to every industry. Retail, Restaurant, Hospitality, Mail/Telephone Order, E-commerce, Business to Business and Mobile merchants can all be handled through our processors. We process all major Credit cards, Pin-debit cards, Fleet cards and Electronic Benefits cards including Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover®, American Express®, Wright Express, Voyager, Diners and JCB.
We know that each client has different requirements to process their electronic transactions. “Powered by First Data,” we can work with all the major processors to provide the right solution for every merchant's need.
We Are PCI Compliant
The payment card industy (Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover®, American Express®, and JCB®) have mandated that all merchants who store, transmit or process cardholder information must maintain compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard(DSS).
The PCI DSS is a set of requirements for assuring cardholder data security. Merchants are accountable to insure that the card data from their customers used in processing payments to their business is always protected
P.O.S Card Systems has partnered with a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) to assist our merchants in achieving the compliance required and reporting the results to the PCI on an annual basis.
All merchants are required to:
Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Install and maintain a Firewall configuration to protect data.
- Do not use vendor supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
Protect Cardholder Data
- Protect stored data.
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data and sensitive information across public networks.
Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Restrict access to data by business need-to-know
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
Maintain an Information Security Policy
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security
Merchants can learn more about the PCI DSS at: